We carry multiple lines of Deck and Siding Stains. Sansin is one of the most recently added lines of stain that we carry. They are high quality, environmentally responsible stains for an outstanding finish product.
We believe that with the proper preparation and techniques you are sure to have a successful ending to your project… and perhaps something to brag about!
To see more on staining your deck and/or siding, click here to visit the Sansin website to help you get the most out of your deck and siding!
Not available at all locations. Please contact your local Miller Store for stocking information.
Dark colors can be amazing in small spaces too!
Forget the old adage that small rooms need to be painted a light shade. White reflects light, making it the go-to color of choice, but what other hues can make a room appear larger? White most definitely isn’t the only answer. Be bold and paint a small room with your favorite dark shade.
When you paint a small room a really dark color, the corners seem to disappear, so you can’t see the boundaries of the space anymore.
Painting Tips for Small Rooms
- Commit to color. Use one color on the walls, on the moldings, on the cabinets, even on the floor. By using one tone so completely, it makes the different planes all blend into each other. The boundaries are obsolete as the completeness of color unifies the room.
- Use a gloss finish. A semi-gloss is the perfect selection in the kitchen or bath, but choose more subdued eggshell and satin finishes for the living room or bedroom.
- Play up perception. Don’t run from shadow, embrace it. Using a dark color can actually camouflage a claustrophobic room. A deep blue provides depth. The corners will be cast in shadow and you’re not quite sure where they are, emulating the vastness of an expansive cavern.
- Embrace your inner diva. A dark shade brings an element of drama and grandiose to a seemingly quaint room. A deep purple partnered with grey or metallics makes a room feel regal.
- Make your walls recede. Try using a slightly darker shade on the wall opposite the door. This will make the wall appear to recede, leaving the room feeling spacious.
Transform your small living space into a welcoming environment with the power of paint. No need to shy away from your favorite dark shades and hues, let them serve as your inspiration!
~This post inspired/contributed by ColorGuild. ColorGuild, the global paint and color authority, is a member based organization serves as a definitive resource on color and coatings. As a member of ColorGuild, we welcome their contributions and appreciate their opinions.